Are you All In? Will you do Whatever Is Necessary to be AUdacious with AttitUde? Are these questions really a logical way to introduce the First Ever Heart of Auburn Tweet Contest?
Here’s the deal. We’re going to have a game day tweet contest. There will be a prize. Will we do this every game of 2017-18? I think so.
The prize for Week 1 (Georgia Southern) is a 1988 Sugar Bowl media guide.
It was the infamous Ugly Ties game. If this prize doesn’t appeal to you—well, maybe another will. Still, you should compete just for the thrill of victory.
The requirements are simple:
- Your entry (or entries) must be tagged this way: #hoatc. (That’s for Heart of Auburn Tweet Contest.)
- You must be following @heartofauburn.
- You must retweet the pinned tweet on my profile (@heartofauburn) on game day.
Late Saturday night the Heart of Auburn staff (me, Jordan, Sam and maybe my wife) will select 3–5 finalists.
We’ll then post a poll, and let the people select the winner. The poll will close Sunday at 8:00 pm CT.
Now, how do you get your tweet selected as a finalist?
The criteria will be arbitrary. If you tweet something humorous or insightful, or if you tweet a picture that captures some intriguing aspect of game day—or the TV or radio broadcast—you’re on the right track. Great Tiger Walk selfie? Sure. Video of Daniel Carlson’s 60-yard field goal landing in someone’s popcorn bucket? Yes, all of these things are good.
If you capture something we wouldn’t even think of beforehand, even better.
You may enter as many times as you like. The window for tweeting entries opens at sunrise Saturday morning, and closes two hours after the game’s conclusion.
Good luck, and War Eagle!
Latest posts by Josh Dowdy (see all)
- Samuel’s Intangibles: Missouri Edition - Sep 21, 2017
- One Barner’s Tiger Walk Travesty We All Must Overcome - Sep 15, 2017
- Tiger Walk: Auburn vs. Mercer, 2017 - Sep 14, 2017